What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, looks, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using Lookastic on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to Lookastic, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products or use websites or apps that have Lookastic features.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log Data. When you use Lookastic or go to a webpage or use an app that has Lookastic features (like our “SAVE LOOK” button), our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Lookastic features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Lookastic, and cookie data.
- Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using Lookastic on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Lookastic and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting looks you might like.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like comments, happens on Lookastic), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include looks you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on Lookastic. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Lookastic when they first sign up for Lookastic. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Lookastic using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Lookastic does business, including countries outside your own.
How do we share the information we collect?
Lookastic is a tool people use to find their inspirations, make them a reality, and inspire others in the process. When you create looks, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Lookastic; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others.
Accessing and deleting your personal information
Right to request deletion of your personal information
You may also request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from/about you. However, we may retain personal information as authorized under applicable law, such as personal information required as necessary to provide our services, protect our business and systems from fraudulent activity, to debug and identify errors that impair existing functionality, as necessary for us, or others, to exercise their free speech or other rights, comply with law enforcement requests pursuant to lawful process, for scientific or historical research, for our own internal purposes reasonably related to your relationship with us, or to comply with legal obligations. We need certain types of information so that we can provide our services. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our services.
How to exercise your access and deletion rights
You may exercise your privacy rights by submitting your request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For security purposes, we may request additional information from you to verify your identity when you request to exercise your privacy rights.
If you have an online account with us, logging into your account will serve to verify your identity and request, although we may request additional information if we believe your account has been compromised. If you do not have an account with us, or if we have reason to suspect that the security of your account is compromised, we will request additional information from you to match with our existing records to verify your identity, depending on the nature of the request and the sensitivity of the information sought.
Sales of Personal Information
California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. We do not “sell” your personal information as we understand that term to be defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act and its implementing regulations.
California residents have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights as described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
Lookastic is not directed to children under 13.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Lookastic after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.